Starting at Town
We work closely with Holland House to ensure the smooth transfer for the children. During the Summer Term we have a comprehensive programme of events which include:
- Visits by Town Staff to Holland House School to include the Year 3 teachers and the Special Needs Staff
- A half-day’s visit to Town School for Year 2 pupils to include school lunch
- Visiting each other’s schools for end of term performances
- Pairing children from Year 5 with new Year 2s as ‘Buddies’
- A ‘fun afternoon’, with Y2 and Y5 prospective buddies
We believe that this programme helps to settle children quickly and minimise the disruption to individual development. We are committed along with Holland House to academic and social continuity and progression.
Working with other schools
If children join us from another Infants School we still endeavour to put in operation as many of the systems as possible to aid a smooth transfer. Children will be invited to the half-day sessions and will also, of course, be allocated a ‘buddy’. Town will liase with other feeder schools.